The Hmong Student Association of Carolina (HSAC) values the passion to help our community. This year, HSAC would like to reward a selected individual for his or her community values. The HSAC Scholarship provides a selected Hmong high school senior, based on his or her passion to help the community and pursue higher education, with a small grant to help in his or her educational endeavors.
Criteria for Application
To be eligible to apply for the HSAC Scholarship, candidates must meet ALL of the listed criteria:
- Be a resident of North Carolina
- Identify as Hmong
- Be graduating from an accredited high school this academic school year (2017-2018)
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA unweighted
- Plan to enroll full-time at an accredited 2-year or 4-year institution in North Carolina in the fall following his or her graduation from high school
- Contingent on his or her acceptance to the institution of his or her choice
- 2 Short Essays (250-500 words)
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
The HSAC Scholarship is non-renewable and will be disbursed by early May. The scholarship is contingent on the recipient’s acceptance to the institution of his or her choice by providing a letter of acceptance as confirmation.
The scholarship awarded will be $500 paid to the institution of the recipient’s choice.
The application opens October 31st, 2017 and the final deadline is January 31st, 2018. After this date, applications will no longer be accepted. The selection committee will use this time to review all submitted entries.
The final recipient will be notified by email by March 31st, 2018.